Friday, October 31, 2008

First Bite

Coke's almost 5 weeks old so I thought it's time to slowly introduce him to solid food. Went to the pet shop for recommendations and bought Royal Canin's Babycat product, as the biscuits are really tiny (it's so cute!) in size than normal dry cat food to make it easier for baby kittens to feed on. The price may vary a little between pet stores around KL I guess, but I got the 400g package for RM19.50. I bought the smallest packet to try it out first and see if Coke takes a liking to it....

And guess what? I didn't even need to persuade him to eat the biscuits! After feeding him some milk I took the bottle away and poured out the biscuits and he just dove right in! So cute! I guess Coke couldn't wait to use his teeth to crunch on something finally.


I'm planning to keep him on the milk formula still, but not as much as before. Probably once he's about 10-12 weeks old I'll see if I can take the milk away and start giving him canned food along with the dry biscuits. We'll see.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you exposed him to other people? It's good to do it so that he doesn't fear other people.

I have a husband and wife friend here whose two cats were very skittish when guests came over their house that they would hide. They finally had to give them back to the adoption center. Now they have Sir Robin, who we gave to them after finding it abandoned across the road from our apartment.

Fizzy Fizah said...

Yep I have.. the other day Eema, Muna and Hairie came over to the condo to watch a DVD, and Coke was sooooo excited to have had more hands and feet to bite. He went into super-hyper mode and we had a tough time concentrating on our movie 'cuz he kept springing out at us from under the sofa. Hahaha