Sunday, November 9, 2008

Coke's Day Out







I gave Coke his first collar today. He's grown quite big now and can fit into a kitten collar that I had lying around in the house. It's silver-blue and sparkly and has a shiny blue bell in it which makes Eema laugh at the 'glam-ness' of it all haha.

Another first for today was that I took Coke out of the house and back down to the cafe... the first time he's been back there since the the weekend we rescued him.

OH YES I FORGOT TO POST ABOUT AN IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT IN COKE'S FAMILY DRAMA!! His mother, Scaramouche, who went missing for about a month and was feared dead... RETURNED! I'm not kidding. For many weeks she was gone, having abandoned her kitten... and then suddenly about a week or so ago, she just reappeared in front of our cafe. Although glad she's alive, we're all quite annoyed with her for abandoning her baby and now that she's back she's being quite irritating at how pushy she is trying to get into the cafe despite the fact that we give her food outside.

Anyway. Since she's here and Galileo is here, I thought I'd try to introduce Coke to them, and get Coke exposed to other cats too. Coke was quite timid and scared meeting the two adult cats, but curious enough to slowly approach them. Galileo was well-behaved and just sniffed around Coke before swaggering off to drink from puddles in the rain. Scaramouche on the other hand was mean! She took a swipe at Coke which frightened the poor little fella... so Eema and I didn't let her near Coke again after that.

I let Coke play outside the cafe for close to an hour before taking him back upstairs to the condo. I think that was enough adventure for the day :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, he's grown up quite a bit now. Tambah cute! So have you determined whether Coke is a boy kitty or a girl kitty?

Fizzy Fizah said...

Hehehe yeapp all big now, no longer the teeny tiny helpless little kitty. And Coke's a girl. Confirmed! :D